Teaching coordinator is in charge of supporting the schools during the project implementation, and to provide daily support to the school head teachers and the teachers.
It is key to the project that the coordinators understand the circumstances under which the Project develops to become part of the project and continue the activities even further than Profuturo´s involvement. That is the reason why the project needs people from the local educational community. The two profiles will be provide by the community itself or the local partner.
Profuturo will conduct a process of deep training in the issues of the Project. That is: technology, tools, methodology and contents, as well as the different processes.
· Knowledge of teaching and learning methodologies, educational system, national curricula, etc.
· Actual teaching experience will be highly valued
· Basic technical skills –user´s level: devices (computer, tablet), email, Microsoft basic programs (Word and Excel) and social networks.
· Project management skills: activities planning and reports.
· Experience dealing with teachers.
· Experience giving training.
· Experience in schools and/or educational projects.
· Ability to motivate others.
· Communication skills and social empathy.
· Proactivity and problem-solving capability.
· Team working (the people hired need to work closely with the other coordinators and remote support team).
· 100% dedication to the project.
1. PROGRAMMED VISITS TO SCHOOLS (the coordinators will plan the visit with ProFuturo and the local entity)
· Meeting with the headteachers and/or the school responsible of the equipment to check the Project development and any possible incidence.
· Propose innovative teaching methods according to the capabilities of the platform and the contents.
· Propose initiatives to engage teachers in the use of the platform and the contents. i.e: teacher award
· Plan and review the working calendar to monitor how the different teachers are using the content and to guarantee its use.
· Problem solving: unmotivated teachers, incorrect usage of the content, ineffective class dynamics.
· Face to face meetings with teachers with special difficulties on the use of the platform: specific trainings and problem solving.
· Based on the results of the platform, implement additional training to teachers on specific functionalities that may found harder to use.
· Training to new teachers: initial training for teachers joining the Project.
· Conduct on-site tests to teachers and students.
· Coordinate with the local technical Coordinator to solve any technological problem.
· Gather insight about how the platform is used on the field and suggest design improvements to the Profuturo program.
· To attend the requirements of the head teachers or the equipment responsible regarding any incidence with the technology, platform or the contents. The coordinator will receive training to be able to deal with basic problems. Remote support will take care of higher complexity problems informed by the coordinators.
3. COMMUNICATION WITH THE REMOTE SUPPORT:
· Notifications of any problem that the coordinator cannot directly solve.
· Coordination of specific actions for problem solving and platform updates.
· Regular review meetings (to be held by conference call).
· Quarterly reports according to Profuturo´s template.
· Languages: Kiswahili and English.
· Driving License: preferably.
· Type of contract: full time for one year.
· Access to computer/Access to Internet: yes.
A client seeks to hire qualified candidates for the position of Teaching Coordinator.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.