Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
1. Community mobilization and facilitation
• Facilitate the communities and other stakeholders in resource mobilization.
• Facilitates effective participation of children, families, communities and stakeholders in program activities
• Facilitate communities in the design, implementation and monitoring of community managed projects in line with the CCCD agenda.
2.Maintain and strengthen Plan relationship and partnership with key stakeholders and partners through coordination, Networking and Advocacy.
• Establish good working relations with children, families, community leadership, community based organizations (CBOs), government extension staff and other stakeholders at ward and village levels
• Participate and organize in stakeholder meetings and networks at ward and village levels.
• Coordinate all Plan`s business at the grassroots and facilitate the process of self empowerment of children, families, groups and association.
3.Sponsorship Communications activities
• Create community awareness and the community volunteer on development education and communication. Ensure communities are aware of Plan’s Programmes and approaches
• Facilitate the process of community reflections and project effectiveness.
• Facilitate meaningful dialogue between children, families, communities and sponsors using Plan`s sponsorship and development communication mechanism and tools.
• Promote integration of Sponsorship Communications and program processes at field level
• Facilitate production of quality Sponsorship Communications products to meet set deadlines
• Carry out regular home visits to all sponsored families and findings are documented on a monthly basis.
• Ensure Community members, SC and Families participate effectively on Plan’s Programmes as evidenced in children’s voices in several PU reports
• To enhance capacity of CVs/CBOs for effectively support, Quality and timely sponsorship production.
4. To Promote, facilitate and abide to child Protection Policy and Procedures, code of conduct and mandatory reporting responsibilities.
5. Ensure quality and timely reporting of both mandatory and adhoc report.
6. Property Management
7. Gender mainstreaming
Dealing with Problems:
Resolves problems within established frameworks and through the interpretation of procedures; the post holder should ensure that communities including children participates in the projects and are well versed in Child Protection and all child protection incidents and concerns are timely and accurately reported. Ensure that children are involved in BR communications as well as timely submission of BR communications.
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
· Project Coordinators-high
· Functional networks-high
· External stakeholders-high
· Community volunteers-high
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
• Ability to organize own work and work independently
• Promotes high performance
• Initiative and innovative
• Communicates effectively
Skills specific to the post
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent community mobilization skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
• Team building and maintaining skills
• Advanced Facilitation skills
• Proficient in computer skills
• Good interpersonal skills
Qualifications and experience
• Degree in Community Development, Development studies, Business, Sociology or/with specialized expertise in education, health, livelihood, water and sanitation.
• Masters Degree would be an added advantage
• At least 3 years working experience in a similar role with a good awareness of current issues in the field of development, and familiarity with children’s issues in particular
• Experience in an NGO environment would be an added advantage.
Beware of Conmen: BrighterMonday does not receive money for a job or any other opportunity. If you do note such activity please report through [mobile number removed]
The position holder will design, plan, implement and monitor projects and maintaining good relationship with key stakeholders.
Tunachagua tunavyovipenda na tunakutumia bidhaa moto moto kila wiki!!