Introduction**:** Tanzania Chamber of Commerce Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA) Manyara is a semi-autonomous organization representing the private sector interests in the Manyara Region including Commerce, Industry, Agriculture and other crosscutting sectors of the economy. Since its inception in 2004, we have seen an exponential growth in membership, starting with 96 members, we are proud to have grown to 1150 active members.
TCCIA Manyara implements the project of Tanzania Pulses Network (TPN) in collaboration with Eastern African Grain Council (EAGC) and VECO/RICOLTO. Project that aim to support implementation of the Pulses Sector Value Chain Roadmap which was developed by all stakeholders during 2016. TPN is a membership based organization and all major pulses exporters are members. Since then, a more focused Sector study has been conducted by Aid Environment through VECO/RICOLTO East Africa support. Among the key priority areas that were highlighted in the study was the: 1) policy dialogue with the Indian Government which is a key market; 2) developing an internal trading conditions mechanism which will stimulate higher volume and higher quality production. This proposal from TPN aims at expanding supply chains from Manyara Region in Tanzania, which already has a good reputation for its pulses. Through this initiative TPN expects to have an approach that can be replicated in other Regions of Tanzania. Under this TPN project which aims at improving pulses trade in and from Tanzania.
Job Role: We are looking for part time (2 months) Consultants who can participate in various consultancy works with TCCIA Manyara to enable facilitation of establishing a trading mechanism as well as traders licensing system and regulations in Manyara region
1.1.Scope of Responsibilities:
i) Review available information regarding the project background.
ii) Analyze reports and extract feasible Information that assist in developing proposal for further implementation of the project.
1.1.2:Establishing Trader licensing system and regulations
MVIWATA AND TCCIA in Manyara have finalized their work plans and budgets and are ready to start working. The goal of their partnership is to provide more transparency and regulation on decent purchases practices in the pulses value chain; this will be done by establishing a trader licensing system whereby traders need to register (and get known) if they want to buy pulses in Manyara region.
i) Prepare trade mechanism proposal
ii) Conduct Workshop with traders to facilitate collection of opinion and stimulate discussions that will lead into establishment of inclusive pulses trading mechanism
iii) Formulation of pulses traders associations
iv) Capacity building and facilitation on legal establishment of the association including, preparation of the constitution, assistance on registration of the pulse’s association and operationalization of the association
1.2. Essentials and Minimum Qualifications:
i) Postgraduate degree in Procurement and Supply Management; Business/Public Administration; Human Resource Planning & Mgt; Public Policy; Project Planning& Management; Agricultural Economics; Development Economics; Community Development; Finance Management or any other related field.
i) PhD candidates with solid knowledge on training and research methodologies are preferred
ii) Demonstrated ability to synthesize, link and articulate complex information and data from various areas and generate evidence to inform decision-making.
iii) Ability to draw practical conclusions and prepare well‐written reports in a timely manner and availability during the proposed period.
i) Excellent and clear communication skills
ii) Good organizational, time-management
iii) Good interpersonal skills
v) Ability to work with people from all backgrounds.
vi) Commitment to the company vision, mission, values and goals
vii) Must be assertive, work well in a team and perform well under pressure
viii) Task oriented/deadline driven
• A consultant is expected to come up with more practical oriented trading mechanism recommendation that will be perfectly represents the opinions of the key player
• Secondary data information from TPN and her partners of the previous studies to guide the discussions during traders’ workshop
• Primary data collection from various actors and stakeholder on the current trading mechanism through face to face interview to gather more facts on the ground by interviewing, traders, association of traders, government trading officer in Manyara, pulses traders’ associations if available, taxes officers,
• A quick scan and analysis of the current national policy and regulation governing pulses training in Tanzania and the regional implemented trading regulations and bylaws.
• Facilitating traders’ workshop for more information collection on the current trading mechanisms and dynamics and facilitating development of proposed fairly owned trading mechanism to influence policy changes
• Facilitate workshops for technical team and tripartite meeting to synthesize information’s that will be used to develop pulses trading mechanism proposal for government authority consideration and review
Competitive consultative fee will be offered to the right candidate as per TCCIA Manyara policies
Interested candidates, who qualify for this post, should apply by sending their motivational letter, resume/CV and concept notes before 18.00 Hours EAT on 11 June 2020.
ALL APPLICATION SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
REGIONAL EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Hango Road; Nearby Masjid Taqwa; P.O Box 339, Babati -Manyara
Or through email: [email removed]
We are looking for part time (2 months) Consultants who can participate in various consultancy works with TCCIA Manyara.
Tunachagua tunavyovipenda na tunakutumia bidhaa moto moto kila wiki!!