1. Job Purpose:
• To be the focal point for and oversee the provision and procurement of top quality and fit-for-purpose legal support in a proactive, timely, cost effective and professional manner, with a view to furthering business objectives and protecting shareholder interests.
• Job Grade FH/LE
• Annual budget: US$ 117,361
• Staff: 1
• CLT Member
• The Head of Legal shall provide the required legal support and leadership in accordance with applicable laws and the Company’s standards and policies in the following areas:
• Establishment of the Company’s legal strategy and policy.
• Recruitment and general management of an appropriate legal department.
• Corporate secretarial services to the Companies carrying out the business.
• Identification and management of legal risks to the business.
• Claims, dispute resolution and litigation management.
• Procurement, appointment and management of external counsel.
• Routine and dynamic business matters including contract management, real property management/conveyancing, collateral management and trade debt recovery.
• Legal support and advice to the staff retirement benefits scheme.
• Implementation of the Company’s ethics and compliance program.
• Implementation of a responsive records management system.
• Attendance of court proceedings and advice on legal and litigation reports
• Update of legal register on quarterly basis
• Delivery of CoB/S support targets in a difficult operating environment controlled by others.
• A less than adequate land tenure and registration system.
• Balancing the need to provide a top quality fit-for-purpose service with cost reduction targets
• Provision of keen supports to the Retail development growth and all industrial relation matters
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• University degree in Law and/or a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
• Enrolled as an Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania.
• 5 years’ work experience as an advocate in High Court of Tanzania.
• An experience in a commercial/corporate setting at a senior managerial level is an added advantage.
• Demonstrable in-depth knowledge and understanding of Tanzania law and its application as a solution in the Company’s operations.
• Good IT skills.
• Accreditation as a Chartered Secretary will be an added advantage.
• Contribute to management and control of corporate/commercial aspects of the business
• Be able to grasp legal issues and show good judgment in contributing to the management decisions.
• In-depth knowledge of a wide range of specialist areas relevant to the business.
• Promote the value of the legal department to the business.
• Be able to negotiate with and influence external parties.
• Develop and sustain client relations at senior management level.
• Develop and sustain a customer focus and strategies to enhance the business.
• Develop and implement a shared vision for the legal department.
• Plan and manage available resources.
• Identify and promote perceived talent in others.
• Promote team work and engender high morale within the legal department.
Beware of Conmen: BrighterMonday does not receive money for a job or any other opportunity. If you do note such activity please report through [mobile number removed]
BrighterMonday Executive Recruiting seeks to recruit a qualified candidate for the position of a Head of Legal for a client
Tunachagua tunavyovipenda na tunakutumia bidhaa moto moto kila wiki!!