Application Deadline: 2019-06-24
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
i. Designing, coding, and debugging software applications based on various deployment platforms (e.g. web, mobile, desktop etc.), operating systems, programming languages, database management systems, etc., software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis, etc.
ii. Assist and participate in analysis of user requirements, prototyping, development of new functionalities, maintenance of applications, integration of technological components, testing, deployment,
iii. Installation and configuration of appropriate application servers based on the application programs to be supported;
iv. Support, maintain, and preparation of technical and user documentations for various software functionalities;
v. Training and support of software users for effective utilization of deployed systems;
vi. Assist in troubleshooting and resolving routine software application problems;
vii. Software modelling and simulation;
viii. Front end graphical user interface design/programming;
ix. Software testing and quality assurance;
x. Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation;
xi. Integrate software with existing systems;
xii. Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation;
xiii. Maintain standards compliance;
xiv. Working closely with analysts, designers and staff;
xv. Producing detailed technical specifications and writing the programming codes;
xvi. Production Support system maintenance;
xvii. Independent handling of work products and managing his/her deliverables; and
xviii. Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BSc/BEng in IT/IS/Computer Science/Computer Engineering
• Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Technical knowledge in determining end to end software requirements specification and design.
• Working knowledge of various software languages [Java (mandatory), C/C++, .NET, Python] will be added advantage.
• Practical skills on Object Oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
• Hands-on experience with development in Java/JEE environments
• Knowledge in containerization and micro services application development approaches
• Experience in SOAP/REST /Web Services, Application Servers (Tomcat/WebLogic etc.)
• Experience in Spring Framework (Spring MVC) and other similar application development frameworks.
• Hands-on experience with Jenkins, Git, Junit, etc.
• Experience/knowledge on JSON, XML, and other similar data exchange protocols.
• Experience/knowledge on AngularJS and other front-end development languages and tools.
• Strong knowledge on MySQL and PostgreSQL Database Management Systems. Knowledge on MS SQL Server, Oracle and other DBMS will be added advantage.
• Familiarity with CI/CD methodology and tools.
• Possession of relevant recognized ICT professional certification will be an added advantage.
REMUNERATION: Salary Scale ATTRACTIVE REMUNARATION AS PER GOVE
Beware of Conmen: BrighterMonday does not receive money for a job or any other opportunity. If you do note such activity please report through [mobile number removed]
We seek to hire qualified candidates for the position of an ICT Officer - Application Programmer
Tunachagua tunavyovipenda na tunakutumia bidhaa moto moto kila wiki!!