- Develop and execute overall project strategy and work plan and achievement of project results.
- Direct and monitor implementation of activities within the work plan, ensuring that activities are performed to a high professional standard, effectively implemented and fulfill donor and the organization’s requirements.
- Ensure that all program deliverables are met in a high quality and timely fashion.
- Ensure compliance with all donor- related, organization’s, and program-specific policies.
- Provide managerial oversight to all project activities and partnerships, and ensure compliance with the organization’s and USG regulations.
- Oversee the sub-contract and sub- grant cycle from pre-award to close- out including solicitation processes, pre-award, award, monitoring and close-out of sub-awards based on donor regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Provide oversight for the project’s financial management systems, with support from the Deputy Chief of Party, and ensure that they are in line with the organization’s policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations.
- Oversees project budget development and undertake regular analysis of project expenditure, sub- awards and lead the preparation of budget amendments/modification for negotiation with donor.
- Recruit, supervise, mentor, and motivate project team which includes staff from the
organization and international and national partners.
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with government entities to support project implementation.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components, grants and finance and
administrative functions within the project.
- Coordinate with other donor implementing partners on common objectives and activities, as needed.
- Maintain a strong and wide network with key partners and stakeholders in relevant technical areas, and ensure that the project is represented on appropriate working groups.
· Master’s Degree in nutrition, public health, agriculture, social sciences, international development, organizational management, or a related field.
· Five years senior level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of programs of similar size, complexity, and setting.
· Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in organizational management, budgeting, and in staff development.
· Proven record of building teams and fostering collaboration through productive working relationships to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality program results.
· Knowledge of U.S. Government development initiatives, regulations and processes, and related reporting requirements and funding parameters.
· Exceptional English written and oral communication skills; Swahili preferred. Relevant experience in East Africa is preferred.
· Demonstrated leadership skills in working collaboratively with other donors, host country institutions and international organizations;
· Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to travel locally and internationally as requested.
A client seeks to hire a qualified candidate for the position of a Deputy Chief of Party
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.