The Sales & Marketing Director will run the company's sales and marketing departments. Sales and
marketing are key to Ongeza's success and the Sales & Marketing Director will build the team and
lead it in these areas. S/he will be an integral part of senior management and help formulate and
implement the business strategy.
An ideal candidate will:
• Manage sales and marketing departments and all related staff. Insure department meets sales targets.
• Design and implement sales and marketing strategy including sales campaigns throughout the year.
• Budgeting and Profit & Loss responsibilities for sales and marketing departments.
• Grow sales team and revenue through district and sales officer improvements and district explanations.
• Identify, market test and launch new products.
• Build a results-oriented culture.
• Work directly with CEO on business growth and strategy.
An ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum ten years work experience in the area of sales and marketing with a minimum of five years of senior management experience.
• Strong analytics skills and experience with creative problem solving.
• Experience working with rural populations, desired but not essential.
• Proven track record of growing and leading a team while setting and meeting goals.
• MBA or equivalent education/experience.
• Experience working in East Africa, preferably in Tanzania.
• Fluency in Swahili, desired but not essential.
• Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort working in a start-up environment.
• Passion to work with rural and base of the pyramid customers.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.