• Based in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
• Open for Tanzanian nationals with relevant skills, experience and qualifications
• Opportunity to work for a leading INGO working with and for older people globally
By 2050, one in five people worldwide will be aged 60 or over, and HelpAge International is looking for an experienced and dedicated Health and Care Programme Manager (HCPM) who is ready, willing and able to play a key management role in meeting the health and care challenges of population ageing in Tanzania.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits. Annual Gross Salary for the position is Tsh. 33,058,452.00. We also actively support our staff with a variety of flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life.
A summary of the job purpose and person specification is indicated below while the full Job Description will be available on request.
HelpAge International is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working to promote the rights and meet the needs of older women and men, nationally and/or internationally.
To manage Health and Care Programmes, providing strategic leadership to achieve health and care services for older people, enabling them to enjoy the best possible health and care and supporting their wellbeing right through to the end life in Tanzania. The role requires abilities and experiences in Health System Strengthening, engaging in policy influencing and advocacy at national and local levels and supporting civil society partners and older people in promoting health ageing for older people and other vulnerable people especially people with disability.
• A medical doctor or public health specialist
• Minimum five years in a management position with substantial experience in working with Government Ministries in health policy and strategy design and reforms and proven leadership in supervising staff and Managing Health and Care Department /Unit in any International organization, Government or development partner
• Experience of strategic and programme planning and management including financial planning and management
• Proven proposal writing skills and the ability to positively influence donors
• Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Data analysis software skills and Microsoft outlook
Role and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the design and implementation of Health and Care Programme work in Tanzania by ensuring programmes adhere to approved Business Plan and strategies and agreed donor conditions and budgets. In particular, the post holder will:
• Ensure a holistic approach to health and care in older age, focusing on promoting wellbeing, rather than addressing individual diseases in isolation.
• Building and fostering national and regional alliances and networks that enhance sharing, learning and collaboration among actors.
• Lead fundraising efforts for Health and Care work in Tanzania
• Play active role in lobbying and advocacy on issues related to Age-friendly Health and Care services for older people through personal contacts and co-ordination of allies.
• Develop partners to effectively engage with the government and other stakeholders in order to promote health ageing, Health Systems Strengthening and measuring health and care interventions both at the local and national level, including presentation skills.
Contract Period is one (1) year with potential for renewal.
The job purpose is to manage Health and Care Programmes, providing strategic leadership to achieve health and care services for older people, enabling them to enjoy the best possible health and care and supporting their wellbeing right through to the end life in Tanzania.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.