The job will require shift work and reasonable overtime as determined by the requirements of the operations.
- Carry out laboratory analytical testing in accordance with documented SOPs or recognized standard reference methods to ensure accuracy and quality of work.
- Review completed analytical reports to ensure accuracy and correctness of data and do final reporting.
- Ensure that quality control criteria are met for all reported data.
- Perform scheduled verification of critical equipment (weight, volume, temperature, calibration standards).
- Understand and troubleshoot the analyses and provide input to corrective action procedures.
- Report any deviation from documented procedures to the Project and Laboratory Manager.
- Inform the Project and Laboratory Manager of any non-conforming event related to client samples, analytical testing or other laboratory operations.
- Inform coordinator of any unsafe conditions.
- Ensure deadlines are met.
- Act in a safe and professional manner and wear appropriate attire including require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ensure proper functioning of the laboratory by:
- Perform other duties as required by management.
EDUCATION: BSc or Technical Diploma in Chemistry or a scientific discipline.
**EXPERIENCE:**1-5 years experience in a laboratory setting.
Able to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to multitask.
- Outstanding customer service skills are essential.
- Detail orientated and ability to work very well under pressure.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
REPORTS TO: Project and Laboratory Manager.
COORDINATOR OF: Analysts in Chemistry department
SUBSTITUTIONS: Nominated Department Coordinator, Analyst or Project and Laboratory Manager.
- Quality of test results produced and reported
- Delays due to inefficient use of resources or lack of proper prioritization
- Equipment downtime due to failure to adhere to maintenance schedules
- Any non-conformances due to failure to follow company policies and procedures
- Loss of revenue due to inadequate planning of instrument commission and method
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs):
Quality Control and Safety Management
Key Performance Indicator:
Key Performance Indicator:
Key Performance Indicator
BE SURE TO CLICK EDIT APPLICATION DETAILS BEFORE CLICKING APPLY NOW
Working as part of the Laboratory team, the Coordinator-Chemistry position is responsible for performing and ensuring that routine analysis in digestion and spectroscopy, data assessment, and preparation of reports are done, while maintaining adequate production, quality control and turnaround times. This job description does not limit the responsibilities of the incumbent and is available for amendment. The incumbent may be called upon to perform any other duties, for which he/she is deemed competent, as required due to workflow in the laboratory and/or as instructed by line management.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.