Tourism Marketing Officer Job Description Goal:
Tourism/Marketing Officer will be responsible for executing the Marketing Plan of Wonderland. This Officer will facilitate an active relationship with clients, tourism locations & attractions in the Country area.
Work involves marketing in the Country to stimulate economic development and promote tourism. Tasks to be performed include, but are not limited to:
• Work with Wonderland Directors, to develop strategies, programs, and policies to promote tourism.
• Develop and implement a tourism marketing plan for Wonderland, working closely with car rentals companies, tourist areas, hotels/motels & attractions
• Maintain car rental and tourism budget
• Organize various media information and make affordable and effective media buys to promote tourism in our Country
• Oversee design/printing of marketing publications
• Plan new research-based advertising strategies for current and subsequent years that will increase leisure travel market share.
• Develop relationships with national, international and regional tourism based publications and writers, tour operators and travel agents.
• Prepare and release press kit to media; build campaigns and stories for unique selling points
• Design, develop and conduct familiarization tours of Wonderland for media, event planning, tour operators and travel agents.
• Implement cooperative advertising programs integrating the tourism related segments that exist in Country
• Promote attractions & community events to visitors
• Provide education program for hotel/motel personnel on attractions/events in Wonderland
• Gather data and prepare annual tourism situational analysis for Wonderland Directors.
• Participate in radio talk shows; provide current and updated information to the press.
• Represent Wonderland in joint planning sessions to establish tourism activities; serve local committees that enhance tourism and foster economic development.
• Attend meeting, seminars, conventions, and workshops to further knowledge, stay informed of the changes in the tourism industry, and exchange information.
• Coordinate special events.
• Prepare and deliver presentations to both local and regional civic and governmental organizations on Tourism.
• Design, develop and implement in-service training programs for staff and volunteers.
• Prepare monthly reports on ad negotiations and placements, basic inquiry data and creative initiatives as well as activities of the Tourism Marketing Officer.
Keep updated advertising history files and archives ad materials. Collect necessary and pertinent travel research and reports findings. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
A. Knowledge of tourism industry
B. Knowledge of Tanzania Tourism areas
C. Must be a self-starter with ability to work with volunteers
D. Must be computer literate
E. Experience in marketing presentations
F. Able to design and compose publications
G. Accountability Criteria (examples)
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Diploma or Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, tourism, or a closely related field, and 1 to 2 years’ experience in marketing or public relations work or tourism; or any combination of training and experience which provide the required skills, knowledge and abilities in tourism.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM PERFORMANCE INDICATORS Knowledge of Job:
Understanding and experience with the policies and procedures, organization and functions of a Tourism is important to performing this role.
Existing knowledge of the geographic layout of the Country, including tourist attractions is desirable as well as knowledge of the tourist attractions of the surrounding areas.
Familiarization with the available resources of the Country and the surrounding region is also considered a plus.
General knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, equipment, modern accounting and book keeping methods, policies, procedures and practices is a necessary skill set.
Working knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision and the ability to supervise a small group of employees is a necessary attribute.
The ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form is mandatory. The successful applicant must be capable of exercising independent judgment, discretion and initiative while utilizing tact and courtesy in frequent contact with business and industrial representatives, government officials and the general public.
This position requires a combination of education and/or experience equal to two years in tourism, marketing, or public relations. An emphasis will be placed on those who have worked with the promotion of tourism and those who have marketing experience. Demonstrated skills in planning, organization and effective communication are essential. Previous experience with an advertising agency and/or with media negotiations is helpful.
Initiative and Enthusiasm: Maintains an enthusiastic, self-reliant and selfstarting approach to meet job responsibilities and accountabilities. Strives to anticipate work to be done and initiates proper and acceptable direction for the completion of work with a minimum of supervision and instruct
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.