NGO Dar Es Salaam
The primary purpose of the position is to promote a positive, consistent and clear image of the client's initiative and brand towards partners and direct stakeholders. The Communications expert will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of organization effective communication and branding strategies across the board.
The successful applicant would have at least:
1. A Master’s degree in Journalism, or Communication, or Media Studies with at least 8 years’ experience with proven success working with print, broadcast and digital media and experience working on public policy advocacy and communications on issues relevant to agriculture or development;
2. Knowledge of international and national mass media, with existing media contacts.
3. Understanding of brand management and excellent written and verbal communication skills English and Swahili is a must;
4. Experienced writer for variety of mediums, including brochures, blogs, newsletters, reports, websites, and social media;
5. Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines, responsive to external requests. Strong team player;
6. Ability to communicate clearly and present information and communications products for a range of different audiences;
7. Ability to review and edit reports (in English& Swahili) and other written documentation for dissemination and publication;
8. Well planned and organized, able and willing to take initiative and be proactive, to think critically and propose different ways of working;
9. Experience with agribusiness, rural development communication campaigns or other development areas will be an added advantage;
10. Ability to work in multi-national, multi-cultural teams and to lead on developing strong working relationships with key external and internal stakeholders; and
11. Photographic and video skills will be an added advantage.
Implement the org s communication strategy by generating a wide variety of communication tools and processes and engaging a variety of international and local stakeholders. This includes producing content for a variety of audience types and communication channels such as authored articles, blogs, brochures, newsletters, new releases, reports, web stories, video, photos, and social media content. Build relationships with local, regional and international media outlets to promote the organization’s Initiative and the brand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
We are currently recruiting for the senior role of Communications Expert for an NGO.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.