They guide the focus of product strategy and set commercial priorities based on customer impact, marketing insights and financial projections.
You may be a good fit if you:
· Are you a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the business?
· Can you investigate and define opportunities or frame business problems with supporting data and
· Can you solve problem, breaking down complex issues into smaller pieces and work with your stakeholders to solve these issues?
· Can you communicate efficiently and set direction within the business working with senior stakeholders?
· Are willing to act in multiple roles to unblock your team, this might include business analysis, defining customer UX or support with feature testing?
· Are you a self-starter able to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans?
· Are you technical enough to investigate opportunities, ask good questions about the products and solutions which are being built and to challenge the team where appropriate?
· Scan the current market and explore various areas of new possible product development
· Responsible for the recruitment of additional billers and/or partners
· Review commercial agreements associated with key billers and partners
· Business and performance analysis with product and best practice recommendation
· Responsible for country performance reporting and other analysis to group on a monthly and quarterly basis
· Collaborate with other team members in line other business areas/activities (marketing, sales, customer service etc)
· Offer support for product development and transaction reconciliation
· A university degree in Marketing, Economics, Management or any related field
· You must have at least three years of experience in mobile financial services telecommunications, finance and product development
· You are technical and can work closely with software engineers in an Agile environment
· You have some experience of taking software products to market
· Must possess strong analytical skills. Expertise in Finance is an added advantage
· Must be proficient in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point etc)
· Must have experience in a start-up environment
· Must possess an understanding of the mobile money and digital finance industry landscape within the country
The role will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania office with limited travel.
About the role Business Development Manager identifies market opportunities and develops the right partnerships to take advantage of them.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.