TEAM/PROGRAM: Programme Operations
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
POST TYPE: National
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
Save the Children is seeking a Field Operations Manager for the USAID-funded Improved Nutrition for Better Life Program in Tanzania. This four-year program will intensify and integrate nutritional support to targeted regions to improve the nutritional status for women of reproductive age. This target group includes pregnant and lactating women, adolescents and children under five years of age in Tanzania. In addition, the staff will also work closely to support the Government of Tanzania (GOT) and local NGOs working at the district, facility, and community levels to improve nutrition-related behaviors within households by promoting evidence-based nutrition specific and nutrition sensitive interventions, and in line with the GOT’s National Multi-sectoral Nutrition Action Plan.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
This position is responsible for the overall operational management of the project and will coordinate and ensure strong alignment with the Deputy COP on all operational issues relevant for the project. S/he is responsible for ensuring that USAID requirements for budget planning, monitoring, and reporting are fully met in a timely manner, and the establishment and management of operational and administrative systems are utilized. This requires close liaison with the finance and technical planning departments of all partners and program staff, Save the Children, and USAID.
Reports to: Chief of Party
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
· Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Advanced degree in business, or other relevant field; professional qualification in Accounting desired;
· Minimum five years’ experience managing finance for USAID-funded projects; in-depth knowledge of USAID programs, rules and regulations;
· Proven ability to prepare budgets and donor financial reports;
· Strong analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations;
· Experience as a coach/mentor to train staff and develop finance and project management skills of colleagues;
· Experience managing and monitoring sub-awards, including all partners;
· Demonstrated capacity and prior experience in managing the personnel, administrative and logistical functions of programs and projects;
· Proven experience building the capacity of local NGOs and government bodies and collaborating closely with multi-level stakeholders;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required;
· Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of Tanzania is preferred.
Save the Children is seeking a Field Operations Manager for the USAID-funded Improved Nutrition for Better Life Program in Tanzania.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.