· Assist the Programme Manager with customer introductions at the hospital were necessary
· Establish firm and dependable relationships with all hospital staff that we work with
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with hospital staff and administration in all Work the World partnership hospitals
· Uphold the quality of hospital placements by monitoring and reviewing supervision provided
· Check the quality of placement is in relation to customers objectives and Work the World partner agreements
· Take an active interest in students’ clinical experience to be able to give advice on how to maximise the opportunities in each department and hospital setting
· Seek to expand the range of hospitals and clinics that Work the World have partner agreements with
· Complete thorough hospital introductions for all customers at the start of their placement
· Undertake structured monitoring of customers placements, to include first day, first and second week monitoring and a final debriefing conversation
· To visit each customer at least once a week in the clinical setting to directly monitor their interactions and supervision
· Visit the hospital at least three times per week
· Organise and complete customer airport pick-ups
· Complete house orientations
· Complete thorough local city orientations
· Undertake weekly informal monitoring and complete these notes on OASIS
· Gain knowledge of customers’ placements to be able to support their experience
· Maintain and regularly update the customer notice board in the communal area
· Be available in the house at hours which correspond with customers’ free time
· Assist with the set up and organisation of house BBQ
· Contribute to and assist the Programme Manager with the weekly report and OASIS notes for the Operations Manager
· Manage the student advice book in the house to ensure the information is up-to-date and relevant
Village healthcare experience
· Oversee the preparation for customers village healthcare experience and ensure the high quality of placement experience we expect
· Check village healthcare experience guides are well-trained and prepared for each customer visit
· Maintain relationships with the healthcare institution at the village experience location
· Ensure the village experience is run in line with the budget
· Where requested, undertake further research into new locations
It is expected that where appropriate you will assist other staff members with duties to guarantee the smooth and successful operation of the programme for customers.
Applicants must have:
Strong preference will be given to applicants who have experience working with foreigners in the tourist industry and those with medical knowledge/interest and experience.
All applications must be submitted with a cover letteroutlining an understanding of what we do as a company, and why you would be a suitable and capable applicant. Please refer to our website for further information about us – www.worktheworld.com
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Work the World is a British company that specialises in arranging hospital based experiences for international healthcare students.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.