Minimum 12-15 years of relevant and hands on experience in road construction with an organisation of repute. Must have handled multiple projects at a time within defined timelines.
The Area Leader, Road & Highway Projects will be responsible for managing the highway design projects. Responsibilities will include overseeing junior-level engineers, designers and CADD staff in the preparation of calculations, plans, specifications, cost estimates, technical reports, and public presentations. This person will have the opportunity to support both local and national key projects, will work collaboratively with other engineers on projects with the regional and local agencies and will take on the following responsibilities:
(b) Man Power
(c) Material required
3. Responsible for project programs and monitoring of works completed
4. Identify any key risks on the projects and provide mitigation measures for the same
5. Review of consumption of key materials such as Diesel, Pavement material etc
6. Monitor quality of works being undertaken
7. Mentor & Train engineering team
8. Management of the team
9. Budgeting for new projects and monitoring of cost control on a weekly basis across the projects
10. Introduction of new technology to improve efficiency of road project execution
11. Responsible for Borrow Pit Operations
12. Short Term, Medium Term and Long Term planning for all projects
13. Responsible for safety on Road/Civil Projects including Traffic Management
14. Responsible for Material grading and quality assurance for the same
15. Site Based position – key accountability is to ensure smooth operations of all road sites
16. Management with key stakeholders and getting information required to complete works
A client seeks to hire a qualified candidate for the position of an Area Leader
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.