Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a diaconal organization mandated by churches and Christian organizations in Norway to work with people around the world to eradicate poverty and injustice. In Tanzania, NCA works mainly with Faith Based Organization (FBOs) to uphold human dignity, promote human rights and accompany poor and marginalized communities in their struggles for economic and social justice. NCA implements programs that are aligned with NCA global strategy, people’s needs in Tanzania and the Government of Tanzania’s development policies. NCA’s focus areas include strengthening interfaith civil society and building social cohesion, fighting inequality, improving agricultural production in a climate change environment, and increasing market access as well as ensuring gender justice. NCA is Core Humanitarian Standard certified.
NCA is seeking a motivated, result driven, qualified, and competent candidate to fill in the position of Program Assistant - CSEE.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow up on the reporting from field staff including compiling of weekly performance reports.
• Support CSEE partners and field staff in accessing agricultural kits and other inputs from NCA logistics partner and other input providers.
• Conduct regular stock taking and record keeping of CSEE assets including irrigation equipment, inputs, and other technologies.
• Support fundraising activities and new project development.
• Document meeting minutes, resolutions, and key lessons for improving performance of the CSEE program whenever necessary.
• Prepare for meetings such as quarterly CSEE coordination meetings including logistics for partners and field staff as planned by NCA.
• Work closely with other NCA staff in integrating the CSEE program with other NCA programs.
• Provide technical / agronomic support to partners and field staff including promotion of best climate smart agronomic practices.
• Maintain good collaboration with partners as well as local communities, authorities, and relevant government departments.
• Travel to attend meetings, training activities, and be involved in building needed networks to the program.
• Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by NCA Programs Manager or Program Leads.
• Strong drive for high performance.
• Knowledge and skills in digital monitoring and evaluation systems will be an added advantage.
• Strong motivation for change (change maker) and passion to work with rural small-scale farmers.
• Ability to work under less supervision, self-motivated person, and team player
• Good Communication skills – fluent in Swahili and English, both verbal and written
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, Horticulture, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economy, or related fields.
• Experience in field operations related to agriculture is preferable.
• Ability and flexibility to travel and work in rural and remote areas especially in Manyara, Kigoma, and Kilimanjaro.
• This position involves working with a wide range of people within the faith-based partner institutions, NCA, local communities, local and international partners, including technical and non-technical colleagues. Demonstrating good behavior and high integrity is a must.
• Systematic, analytical, dynamic, strategic an, reflective and result oriented
• Energetic and enterprising
• Team player with good collaboration skills
• Ability to train and build capacity
• Good people skills, including relationship building with communities, partners, and donors
• Ability to travel domestically and international
An attractive compensation package based on performance and consummate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidate.
How to apply:
Please submit your application to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic applications are considered. In the subject line of your email, please state clearly which position you apply for. The application should consist of a brief motivation letter and CV, compiled into one document of maximum 4 pages. The document name should start with your name and include which position you apply for. E.g. <Omary Ally – Program Assistant - CSEE>. Certificates are not of interest at this stage but should be brought during the interview. Applications failing to meet these requirements or sent to other email addresses will not be considered. Interviews will take place by Mid- Oct 2021. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful. Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) reserves the right not to make an appointment/contact.
Application deadline is Friday, 24th Sep 2021.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.