Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparation of finance management reports against business plan & budget as required.
• Provides management reports to the ED, the board (Finance and Audit Committee) and relevant donors.
• Prepares and manages the Member Association (MA) cash flows and forecasts.
• Manages processes for recording & reconciling expenses against income.
• Analyses and presents financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicating monthly and annual financial statements according to the APB; collates financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversees all financial, project/programme and grants accounting.
• Coordinates and leads the annual audit process, liaises with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assesses any changes necessary.
• Oversees and leads annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administers and reviews all financial plans and budgets; monitors progress and changes; and keeps senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
• Manages organizational cash flow and forecasting.
• Implements a robust contracts management and financial management/reporting system; ensures that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
• Updates and implements all necessary business policies and accounting practices improving the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
• Effectively communicates and presents the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
• Oversees and leads annual budgeting and planning process (APB) in conjunction with the ED and Head of Programmes (HOP); administers and reviews all financial plans and budgets; monitors progress and changes and keeps senior leadership team abreast of the MA’s financial status.
• Oversees and supports the preparation of annual financial statements
• Oversees the day-to-day financial processes i.e., process accounts payables and receivables, obtains payment authorities, record in accounting system in use by the MA & prepares for payment, processes online payments and record payments.
• Closely monitors the creditor and debtors aging reports and take appropriate action
• Ensures regular reconciliations of all bank accounts is conducted; reviewed and approved.
• Ensures accurate accounting by the clinics and project offices on a regular basis
• Makes proper arrangements for petty cash at the HQ and across all clinics and project offices.
• Ensures there are adequate records for accruals and monitors these, taking appropriate actions.
• Oversees the maintenance of the Assets Register which should include all relevant details i.e. asset description and code, cost, year of purchase & depreciation schedule.
• Coordinates and leads the annual audit process, liaises with external auditors and the finance committee of the board; assesses any changes necessary.
Human Resources, Institutional Systems and Operations
• Further develop UMATI’s human resources administration to enhance professional development and continuously improve compensation and benefits.
• Institutionalise performance evaluation for all UMATI staff in accordance with UMATI & IPPF Standards
• Responsible for budgeting for all training and developmental needs identified during performance appraisals
• Ensures that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
• Establishes and manages a comprehensive training programme to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures with a view of inculcating a new culture at UMATI.
• Works closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
• Oversees administrative functions, vehicle management as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations of the organization
• Ensures that all government and legal requirements are respected to the letter
• Manages the associations property and ensures leases, security arrangements and insurances are in place
• In conjunction with the ED, ensure an “arm’s length relationship” between KABIU & UMATI.
• Makes arrangements for the maintenance of high cleanliness and hygiene standards in conjunction with all the project offices and clinics in charges and budget for adequate furnishing
• Ensures there are adequate procedures for vehicles usage and that these are respected.
• In liaison with Human Resources Manager (HRM), support the preparation of monthly payroll, obtain approval and process to bank.
• Ensures the production and & issuance of pay slips and maintains all payroll records.
• Oversees the processing of leaves records ensuring no more than 10 days leave is accrued.
• Prepares yearly Payroll reconciliations & Payroll taxes Summaries.
• Supports all other employer payroll related requirements.
• Ensure on positions which are in the APB or budgeted for in restricted projects are filled.
• Works with the ED on risk management, disaster recovery & contingency planning.
• Works with ED to assess, arrange & review all insurance covers.
• Processes & maintains appropriately financial records.
• Develop an effective internal control environment across all functions of UMATI.
• Works with the ED to ensure compliance with government and local authority laws, regulations and donors’ requirements.
• Oversees all procurement by the Association ensuring full compliance with the procurement policy and procedures.
• Supports the HOP in the annual stock taking exercise and valuation of medical supplies.
• In conjunction with the HRM and ED, facilitates all recruitment processes at MA level based on MA policies, IPPF standards and country laws
• Under the leadership of the ED, coordinates the recruitment, interview and selection of qualified Finance and Administration Staff.
• Establishes and implements a performance management process for all Finance and Operations staff
• Ensures that all Finance and Operations staff receive an appropriate orientation to the office management processes and procedures
• In conjunction with Human Resources Manager, ensures job descriptions of all staff are reviewed regularly.
All those who meet the above requirements and would like to apply for the position, should send their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates and three referees with their contacts to email@example.com.
The position should be the subject of the email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The deadline for submitting the application is on 11th May, 2021.
UMATI is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.