ABOUT FEED THE CHILDREN
Feed the Children is one of the world’s leading anti-hunger organizations and brings together caring individuals to create a world where no child goes to bed hungry. Together, we help kids be kids by providing healthy food, safe water, education, and job training so that kids and their families in all areas where we work become independent.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE
The Finance Officer is responsible for all finance entries to ensure accurate financial records as well as timely and detailed reconciliation of financial documents including bank statements, inventory records, invoices, and other finance records. S/He will work closely with other Finance team in implementing prudent, effective, and progressive financial cost management accounting.
SUMMARY OF MAIN DUTIES:
• Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into Quickbooks.
• Track expenditure from multiple programs and income from domestic and international sources.
• Contribute in preparing the annual programs budget and track budgets based on expenditure through the year.
• Work closely with Finance & Admin Manager to ensure responsible financial and fiscal practices.
• Coordinate and manage accounts payable and receivables.
• Monitor and manage cash donations, cash books and other accounting entries.
• Record summarize file and maintenance of source documents/ files/ records.
• Be petty cash custodian and responsible for updating petty cash register and request replenishment after review by the Finance & Admin Manager.
• Receive and review expense sheet from staff and issue receipts or cash refunds.
• Preparation of payment documents after ensuring they conform to laid down policies and procedures.
• Prepare and reconcile bank statements
• Timely payroll processing and payment of statutory deductions.
• Assist teams in audit procedures as and when required.
• Assist in preparation of financial reports.
• Provide cashier services when needed.
• Assist department supervisors with end month quality control on financial and accounting processes and reporting.
• Perform other duties as would be required.
• To upload finance documents and monthly reports in the sharepoint
MINIMUM PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONS:
• CPA (T) Qualifications
• Bachelor of Commerce Degree or related degree will be an added advantage
• Proficiency in Quickbooks and Microsoft office
• International NGO accounting experience for at least 2 years
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Honest, Hardworking with high ethical standards
• Highly motivated, energetic, and able to work independently
If you are interested and meet the requirements mentioned above please send your CV (including three references) and a cover letter by 10th May 2021.
Feed the Children is an equal opportunity employer committed to Child protection policies.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.