• Participate in developing vision and strategic plan to guide the Association.
• Ensure preparation of a comprehensive Annual Programme Budget (APB).
• Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the Association.
• Provide corporate leadership, image and identity.
• Implement the policy decisions of the NEC within the set budget so as to ensure effective management of the Association.
• Act as a professional advisor to the NEC on all aspects of the Association's activities.
• Ensure that the operations of the Association meet the expectations of its clients, NEC and Funders.
• Ensure drafting of policies for the approval of the NEC and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policies, review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the NEC as appropriate.
• Ensure that the programs and services offered contribute to the Association’s mission and reflect the priorities of the Association.
• Ensure research on funding sources, oversee the development of fund-raising plans and funding proposals to increase the funds of the Association.
• Administer the funds of the Association according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the Association.
• Ensure provision comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditure of the Association.
• Oversee preparation of programmes, budgets and periodic reports such as monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports as laid down in the UMATI Constitution and the Corporate plan and submit to the National Executive Committee.
• Oversee Monitoring and Evaluation of the Association projects.
• Oversee staff management including recruitment, remunerations, appraisal, development, training and disciplinary matters to ensure that they are carried out in line with the Association’s regulations and requirements of laid down legislations.
• Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance.
• Ensure that the role and participation of volunteers in the Association is encouraged and developed.
• Represent the Association at community activities to enhance the Association’s community profile.
• Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the Association and to identify changes in the community served by the Association.
• Identify and evaluate the risks to the Association’s people (clients, staff, management, volunteers), property, finances, goodwill, image and implement measures to control risks.
• Ensure that the Association carries appropriate and adequate insurance coverage.
• Act as spokesperson for the Association
• Overseeing management of KABIU.
• Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the National Executive Committee.
All those who meet the above requirements and would like to apply for the position, should send their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates and three referees with their contacts to email@example.com.
The position should be the subject of the email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The deadline for submitting the application is on 11th May, 2021.
UMATI is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.