Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
• To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
• To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
• To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
• To build on existing agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
• To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
• To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
SENIOR RESEARCH OFFICER – 1 Vacancy, DSM
Nature and Scope:
The successful candidate will report to the Research and Advisory Manager. He/She will be responsible for coordinating and carrying out studies aimed at enriching the bank’s knowledge and information base to facilitate implementation of its vision, mission and objectives.
• Conduct research in order to identify financing gaps for product innovation across the agriculture value chains;
• Carry out research on the value chains of various agricultural-related crops and advise on the feasible interventions to be made by the bank;
• Undertake market research on potential markets for agricultural produce under value chains of focus to facilitate linkage to farmers;
• Initiate proposals for financial resources mobilization and technical support for research and capacity building to staff, farmer organizations, extension officers and other targeted groups;
• Provide inputs on to support the bank’s efforts aimed at establishing and maintaining collaborations and partnerships with other development banks for the purpose of sharing knowledge and business;
• In collaboration with domestic and international research and training institutions organize capacity building programs to bring about the required transformation in the agriculture sector;
• Initiate proposals to establish collaborations and working relationships and consultative fora between the bank and world-renown international research institutions;
• Create a well-established network and maintain a research database of adequate agriculture sector information to facilitate informed decisions;
• Design appropriate curriculum and conduct capacity building programmes for lending institutions and smallholder farmer organizations;
• Coordinate strategic partners engaged with youth development fund mobilization for financing youths agricultural-related enterprises;
• Coordinate and carry out other research aimed at enriching the bank’s knowledge and information base to facilitate implementation of its vision, mission and objectives;
• Co-ordinate the bank’s efforts aimed at establishing and maintaining collaborations and partnerships with other development banks for the purpose of sharing knowledge and business.
• Design, implement and maintain a corporate knowledge management framework to safeguard institutional memory;
• Prepare writing research specifications, project requirements, objectives and research reference terms;
• Carry out survey in the identified pilot regions to determine adequacy of product financing
• Establish and upgrade library services to facilitate knowledge sharing in the bank
• Coordinate establishment of suitable platforms that will enhance Knowledge Management and safeguard institutional memory
• Determine the financial needs for research and development and prepare Funding proposal
• Prepare write up of Youth Empowerment in the agricultural value chain
• Conduct assessment of factors impeding Youth’s access to agricultural opportunities
• Carry out any other related duties as may be assigned to him/her by Supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• University Degree in Agricultural Economics & Agribusiness, Agricultural extension, Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Banking or related discipline;
• At least five (3) years working experience in a research based organization or related institution;
• Excellent and well developed interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Ability to analyze financial and economic data and interpret research reports;
• Strong written and communication skills with ability to write documentation in a concise and focused style;
• Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load with minimum supervision;
• Computer literate with highly developed computer applications skills;
• Knowledge of banking industry and its related regulations, policies and procedures will be an added advantage.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and excellent working environment
Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 22nd September 2017.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
3rd Floor Acacia Estates Building,
Plot 84 Kinondoni Road,
P.O. Box 63372, 14109 DAR ES SALAAM.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: www.tadb.co.tz
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.