Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
• To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
• To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
• To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
• To build on existing agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
• To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
• To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
SENIOR LEGAL OFFICER – 1 Vacancy, DSM
Nature and Scope
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Legal Services and Board Secretary. He/She will be responsible for preparing, executing and registration of loan documents, statutory registrations and ensuring compliance with the pre-disbursement conditions.
• Check all legal issues pertaining to loan applications before, during and after approval to ensure the bank’s interests are safeguarded;
• Prepare loan/security documents and ensure prompt registration of the security documents at the relevant registries;
• Investigate statutory registers to determine legal status of loan applicants, securities and borrowing capacities;
• Prepare information and report to the Head of Legal Services and Board Secretary that conditions precedent to disbursement has been fulfilled as per the respective agreement;
• Ensure that borrowers fulfill all terms and conditions in the loan agreements at all times;
• Ensure that borrowers fulfill all statutory requirements (under the Companies Ordinance, Bank of Tanzania regulations/guidelines or any others) at all times;
• Assist in preparation of documents for civil suits/litigation and conduct of court cases for the bank;
• Assist and represent the bank in all legal matters outside the bank and in courts;
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Law (LL.B) from a recognized University/Institution.
• Must be a Registered Advocate.
• At least three (3) years relevant work experience in a reputable institution.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to prepare legal documents in a concise and focused style.
• Highest degree of integrity, excellent and well developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load with minimum supervision.
• Should have computer skills.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and excellent working environment
Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 22nd September 2017.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
3rd Floor Acacia Estates Building,
Plot 84 Kinondoni Road,
P.O. Box 63372, 14109 DAR ES SALAAM.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: www.tadb.co.tz
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.