Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
• To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
• To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
• To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
• To build on existing agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
• To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
• To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR – 2 Vacancies, DSM
Nature and Scope:
The job-holder reports to the Head of Internal Audit. He/She will be responsible for ensuring that all accounting, financial, operational and other systems are adequate in design and effective in operations and to ensure that laid down procedures of the bank are being followed.
• Participate in preparation of Annual Risk Based Internal Audit Plan;
• Participate in the preparation and updating of the internal audit manual and the internal audit charter;
• Evaluate if risks are properly identified and adequately managed in all bank’s operations;
• Review, appraise and report on the soundness, adequacy and application of financial and other management controls;
• Assess the effectiveness on compliance of policies, standards, rules, procedures, applicable laws, regulations and directives and give appropriate advice;
• Conduct assurance, special audits and investigations and present the reports to the Head of Internal Audit;
• Verify and assess the existence, design and effectiveness of controls in all bank’s operations;
• Analyze records for evidence of deficiencies in control, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud or lack of compliance with approved management policies;
• Assess and report on value for money on services and products rendered/received by the Organization;
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
• Internationally recognized professional accountancy qualification such as CPA(T), ACCA, ACA or any other recognized professional qualification;
• At least three years post qualification practical audit experience in banking/recognized audit firm or reputable institution;
• Computer literate;
• Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to write documentation in a concise and focused style;
• Excellent and well developed interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load with minimum supervision.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and excellent working environment
Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 22nd September 2017.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
3rd Floor Acacia Estates Building,
Plot 84 Kinondoni Road,
P.O. Box 63372, 14109 DAR ES SALAAM.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: www.tadb.co.tz
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.