Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
• To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
• To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
• To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
• To build on existing agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
• To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
• To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER – 1 Vacancy, DSM
Nature and Scope:
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Human Resources and Administration. He/She will be in all matters related to Human Resources Management and Development including recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, training and development as well as employee relations.
• Assist in developing Human Resources policies, systems and procedures, including their regular reviews and updates;
• Implement approved bank’s human resource policies and plans;
• Participate in the recruitment, selection, induction and placement of staff;
• Assist in developing and implementing staff training and development programmes;
• Assist in administering the staff performance appraisal system;
• Assist in preparation and review of Job descriptions to ensure all employees have Job Descriptions which accurately reflect their roles;
• Deal with pension matters and maintain pension schemes records for TADB employees including following up of claims;
• Administer payroll and maintaining records relating to staff;
• Interpret and advise on employment legislations;
• Ensure that relevant Human Resources records are kept and updated as required;
• Prepare all Human Resources related returns and reports;
• Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Superior from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• University degree in Human Resources Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or related discipline from a recognized University/Institution;
• Knowledge in labour laws and industrial relations;
• At least three (3) years relevant work experience in a reputable institution in a similar field;
• Ability in handling multiple tasks in a busy office;
• Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load with minimum supervision;
• Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to write documentation in a concise and focused style;
• Strong computer and analytical skills.
• Computer literate.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and excellent working environment
Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 22nd September 2017.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
3rd Floor Acacia Estates Building,
Plot 84 Kinondoni Road,
P.O. Box 63372, 14109 DAR ES SALAAM.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: www.tadb.co.tz
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.