Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
• To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
• To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
• To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
• To build on existing agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
• To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
• To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER - 1 Vacancy, DSM
Nature and Scope
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Human Resources and Administration. He/she will be responsible for provision of efficient and effective office administrative services to the bank.
• Carry out and coordinate all general bank’s administrative duties;
• Assist in monitoring and ensuring that administrative and office services expenditure is kept within the approved budget limits;
• Assist in maintenance of up to date inventory of all the banks vehicles, office machines, furniture and other equipment and ensure that all such assets are at all times maintained in proper working condition;
• Ensure office buildings, furniture, fittings and equipments are secure and operate efficiently;
• Work closely with Departmental Heads to ensure adequate services are provided to all staff;
• Assist in allocation, maintenance and alteration of all office buildings and equipment, and ensure a high standard of cleanness and tidiness throughout the office environment;
• Supervise use of all banks' motor vehicles and scrutinize returns on maintenance and fuel;
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related discipline from a recognized University/Institution;
• At least three (3) years’ work experience in a reputable institution in a similar field;
• Must have experience in handling multiple tasks in a busy office;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to work under minimum supervision;
• Strong written and communication
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and excellent working environment
Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 22nd September 2017.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
3rd Floor Acacia Estates Building,
Plot 84 Kinondoni Road,
P.O. Box 63372, 14109 DAR ES SALAAM.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: www.tadb.co.tz
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.