Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
• To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
• To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
• To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
• To build on existing agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
• To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
• To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
RESEARCH & ADVISORY MANAGER – 1 Vacancy, DSM
Nature and Scope:
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Planning, Research and Policy. He/She will be responsible for coordinating and carrying out studies aimed at enriching the bank’s knowledge and information base to facilitate implementation of its vision, mission and objectives.
• Coordinate all research and development undertakings of the bank, including technical assistance, studies and advisory services for the bank;
• Mobilize financial and technical support for research and capacity building from local, international bilateral and multilateral organizations;
• Conduct research in order to identify financing gaps, challenges and opportunities for product innovation across the agriculture value chains;
• Carry out research on the value chains of various agriculture-related products and advise on the most feasible and developmental interventions to be made by the bank;
• Undertake market research on potential markets for agricultural produce under value chains of focus to facilitate linkage to farmers;
• Coordinate the bank’s efforts aimed at establishing and maintaining collaborations and partnerships with other development banks for the purpose of sharing knowledge and business;
• Engage with domestic and international research and training institutions in research and capacity building in order to bring about the required transformation in the agricultural sector;
• Facilitate establishment of working relationships and consultative fora between the bank and local as well as international research institutions;
• Build and maintain strong research information/database and network for easy access to key agriculture sector knowledge to facilitate informed decisions;
• Develop and conduct capacity building programmes for lending institutions and smallholder farmer organizations;
• Coordinate strategic partners engaged with youth development and fund mobilization for financing youths’ agriculture-related enterprises;
• Coordinate and carry out other research aimed at enriching the bank’s knowledge and information base to facilitate implementation of its vision, mission and objectives;
• Co-ordinate the bank’s efforts aimed at establishing and maintaining collaborations and partnerships with other development banks for the purpose of sharing knowledge and business.
• Design, implement and maintain a corporate knowledge management framework to safeguard institutional memory;
• Manage library services for the bank;
• Carry out any other related duties as may be assigned to him/her by his/her Supervisor or Managing Director from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics & Agribusiness, Rural Development, Agricultural Extension, Economics, Sociology, Business Administration, Finance, Banking or related discipline;
• A strong first degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, or related field;
• At least five (5) years working experience in a research based organization or related institution, two (2) years of which must be in a managerial role;
• Excellent and well developed interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Ability to analyze financial and economic data and interpret research reports;
• Strong written and communication skills with ability to write reports in a concise and focused style;
• Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load with minimum supervision;
• Computer literate with highly developed computer application skills;
• Knowledge of the banking industry and its related laws, regulations, policies and procedures will be an added advantage
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and excellent working environment
Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 22nd September 2017.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
3rd Floor Acacia Estates Building,
Plot 84 Kinondoni Road,
P.O. Box 63372, 14109 DAR ES SALAAM.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: www.tadb.co.tz
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.