Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
• To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
• To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
• To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
• To build on existing agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
• To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
• To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
PERSONAL SECRETARY – 3 Vacancies, DSM
Nature and Scope
The successful candidate will be responsible for office management and administrative duties.
• Manage, prioritize, screen and monitor the supervisor’s correspondence, including calls, emails, and fax to ensure they are dealt with appropriately;
• Maintain office records and reference files on various subjects;
• Collect and researches information on assigned matters and make sure that relevant information is gathered and prepared to brief the manager for meetings, and events;
• Receive and process information of a confidential nature; ensures such information is maintained in strict confidentiality;
• Receive, review, and verify documents, records, and forms for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
• Arrange appointments, receive visitors, answer telephone calls and respond to routine request for information;
• Ensure availability of office stationery/equipment or other materials for office use;
• Arrange and schedule a variety of meetings; notifying participants, confirming dates and times, reserving meeting sites, and preparing materials needed at the meetings;
• Assist in organizing conferences, staff get together, staff parties and functions;
• Assist in making reservations for travel for members of staff traveling on official duties;
• Perform any other duties related to the position as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• Diploma in Human Resources, Office Administration or Public Administration. Secretarial studies and Office Management from a recognized institution is highly desirable;
• At least four years work experience in a reputable institution in a similar field;
• Experience of handling multiple tasks in a busy office;
• Professional, courteous and pleasant personality;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to work under minimum supervision;
• Proficiency in the use of computer packages such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc;
• Fluent in both Kiswahili and English.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and excellent working environment
Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 22nd September 2017.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
3rd Floor Acacia Estates Building,
Plot 84 Kinondoni Road,
P.O. Box 63372, 14109 DAR ES SALAAM.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: www.tadb.co.tz
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.