SUMMARY The Operations Administrator will work as part of a team within a Business Unit coordinating tasks related to one or more functional activities, such as operations support, procurement, meetings management, special events, training, volunteer programs, etc.
The Position is based at The Nature Conservancy (TNC) field office in Kigoma, Tanzania
FUNCTIONS The Operations Administrator will be responsible for performing multiple administrative functions related to the assigned program. They may be responsible for scheduling and coordinating logistics for special events and/or meetings, purchasing, central filing, mailroom operations, facility management, telecommunications, and/or reception. They may assist with the recruitment and training of program volunteers, and may coordinate the activities of volunteers. In addition, the Operations Administrator may perform Information Systems, Human Resources, and Finance administrative tasks, including processing forms, preparing reports, and monitoring budgets. S/he will apply established processes and practices in order to improve effectiveness and to document program procedures for reference by staff. S/he will coordinate activities with multiple variables, set realistic deadlines and manage the timeline. The Operations Administrator may handle inquiries about business unit activities and assist in the development of program materials and correspondence. S/he will work cooperatively with Conservancy staff, providing information necessary to make decisions and solve problems. The Operation Administrator may communicate on behalf of their supervisor with internal and external sources, including staff, donors, vendors, and businesses in order to coordinate arrangements, convey information, and ensure successful execution of program.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE • Perform duties under general supervision and established guidelines;
• Make day-to-day decisions within the scope of work assignments and prioritize work independently;
• Ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
• Financial responsibility includes purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and assisting with budget preparation.
• Refer Difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisor.
• Identify routine problems and utilize existing resources for resolution, referring difficult questions and problems to supervisor;
• Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information;
• Demonstrate Integrity and Accountability
• Does not supervise any staff, but may supervise volunteers, interns, or temporary staff;
• Serve as a team member for assigned projects;
• Be willing to travel to remote or rural area and work flexible hours as needed.
• Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
• Work within Scope of program’s strategic goals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor’s degree and 2-year experience or equivalent combination;
• Experience in Procurement and coordinating administrative processes with demonstrated integrity.
• Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading;
• Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines;
• Experience performing one or more administrative processes; and
• Experience working across teams and communicating with a wide range of people.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Ability to analyze information for the purpose of preparing reports, coordinating activities, and solving problems;
• Certificate in Procurement and Supplies will be an added advantage
• Strong understanding of integrity.
• Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
• Ability to write and edit written materials for use with program communications and special events;
• Excellent customer service skills and focus;
• Experience, coursework, or other training in relevant field; and/or
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
For full Job profile and to apply please visit http://careers.nature.org and search for Job Id 45687
Submit CV and cover letter separately using the upload buttons online. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to end of day August 23, 2017
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.