The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an international Non – Governmental Organization with headquarters in New York, USA. The IRC provides relief, protection and resettlement services to refugees and internally displaced persons in 40 countries worldwide. The IRC has been in Tanzania since 1993 providing heath, community services, education, camp management, and adolescent services to Burundian and Congolese refugees in Kigoma Region, Tanzania.
The IRC is currently seeking the services of a graphic Designer on a 1 month contract to assist the organization in designing the organization’s documents.
The TORs are as outlined below
Terms of Reference for Graphic Designer
The Graphic Designer will carry out the following tasks:
• Design the layout of the IRC Volume 2 newsletter, design the layout of IRC’s five sector advocacy documents, brochures, banners and posters.
• Work with the communications team in the selection of high quality appropriate and impactful images that address the key IRC thematic areas of mandate that includes Education, Health, Youth and Children Protection, GBV, etc.
• Ensure that all IRC documents are designed in accordance with the IRC and donor branding policy and guidelines.
This assignment is to be carried-out from 1st October 2017 to the 31st October 2017.
• Five years previous experiences in this kind of assignment
• Strong knowledge and skills in the use of graphic design software (i.e. Adobe CS3 InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, PDF maker);
• Extensive professional experience in Art and Graphic Design;
• IT Proficient in desktop publishing, graphic designing, animating, - Proven experience in developing visual strategies for effective communications;
• Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes (offset and digital) and color management;
• Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms;
• Knowledge of standard software packages, including MS Office– MS Access–MS Visio –Adobe Acrobat
• Good knowledge of English written and spoken;
• University degree in graphic design or professional Certification
• Innovative, creative, results-oriented and open and flexible to work on different themes using appropriate messaging;
• Ability to work in team
Applicants must submit online samples of their previous work (Newsletter designs, brochures and advocacy materials, along with their curriculum vitae and three references of previous consultancies to Bevin.Bhoke@rescue.org no later than 23rd September 2017.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.