Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
• To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
• To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
• To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
• To build on existing agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
• To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
• To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
DRIVER – 2 Vacancies (1 Dodoma, 1 Mwanza)
Nature and Scope:
The successful candidate will drive the Bank’s motor vehicles and will report to the Zonal Manager. He/She will be responsible for ensuring that the Bank’s motor vehicles are properly handled.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Drive and maintain the Bank’s motor vehicles;
• Keep custody of the service schedule to ensure that the vehicle assigned to him/her is maintained, serviced regularly and kept clean;
• Carry out regular inspection of the vehicle, rectify minor defects and report promptly any detected fault or defect on the motor vehicle;
• Verify repairs undertaken on the vehicle;
• Maintain car log book and record all movements accurately and timely;
• Ensure that the security of the vehicle is safeguarded all the times;
• Perform any other duties related to the position as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
• Certificate of Secondary Education;
• Ability to communicate in English and Kiswahili;
• Valid driving license;
• At least two years relevant work experience in a reputable institution;
• Chauffer/executive driving training will be an added advantage.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and excellent working environment.
Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 22nd September 2017.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
3rd Floor Acacia Estates Building,
Plot 84 Kinondoni Road,
P.O. Box 63372, 14109 DAR ES SALAAM.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: www.tadb.co.tz
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.