The Associate Dean, Medical College, Tanzania is the senior academic leader representing the Medical College in Tanzania, with the campus based at the Aga Khan Health Services Hospital in Dar es Salaam. The Associate Dean is responsible for the strategic direction, financial, operating and quality of all Medical College academic programmes (education and research) in Tanzania and liaison with the AKU Nursing and Midwifery and other AKU entities in Tanzania. The Associate Dean provides the strategic and operational link between the Medical College in East Africa and the Aga Khan Health Services in Tanzania, sitting as a member of the senior AKHS leadership team and developing a close working relationship with the Chief Executive Officer of AKHST. As part of Medical College senior leadership within East Africa, the Associate Dean provides input and support for the overall operation of the Medical College.
• Lead the strategic planning of the Medical College in Tanzania and participates in strategic planning activities of the Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS) in East Africa and Aga Khan Health Services in Tanzania.
• Provides supervision and mentorship to senior Medical College leadership (PGME Programme Director, Chairs).
• Recruitments of all senior leadership positions within the Medical College and where appropriate co-leadership of the process with the CEO of AKHS (Chairs) as appropriate.
• Ensures the development, implementation and quality review of all academic programmes (education and research).
• Ensures a faculty and staff development programme is in place.
• Establishes strong working relationship with School of Nursing & Midwifery in Tanzania and other AKU entities and AKDN agencies to ensure coordinated planning, implementation and quality control of common programmes.
• Develops and has overall responsibility for the Tanzanian Medical College budget.
• Contribute to and provides leadership in scholarship.
• Provides liaison to the AKU and AKHS facilities in relation to regional planning.
• Provides support and liaison to AKU-wide activities and to the AKDN.
• Provide liaison to local, regional and international government, university and professional bodies related to the Medical College.
• Supports fundraising activities of the University.
• Undertakes clinical work in defined specialty.
• Master of Medicine or its equivalent; PhD or equivalent in relevant field preferred
• Registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
• Advanced experience and training in academic leadership.
• The individual will normally be at the level of Associate Professor or higher.
• Demonstrated track record in academic positions of increasing responsibility.
• Possesses a record of scholarly achievement in academic medicine.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.