We are hiring an Administrative Director to budget, oversee and track all of our financial spending in Tanzania. This position is also responsible for carrying out various Human Resource responsibilities dealing with things such as contracts, employee discipline, pension and tax payments, etc. This position is full time, with some work in evenings and on weekends required.
The Administrative Director will be a valued member of our team responsible for collaborating on issues outside of just finance and HR. The position will require regular travel between multiple JBFC campuses to perform regular check-ins and audits of financial and HR materials.
Your responsibilities will include:
• You will take historical spending and future projections to determine annual budgets for all JBFC Campuses with input from the rest of the team.
• You will send monthly budget requests to the CEO in the U.S. office.
• You should oversee all in-country spending, working closely with the COO, Campus Director(s) and Logistics Coordinator to ensure budgets stay on target.
• You will input daily cash balance sheets into our online accounting system, Quickbooks, after receiving the pertinent information and receipts from the Campus Director(s) and/or Logistics Coordinator.
• You should act as a checks and balances to make sure all data is accurate.
Human Resources and Administration
• You will be responsible for ensuring that all employee files and records (employee contracts, disciplinary action, incident reports, attendance reports, etc.) are consistent across the organization.
• You will work with Campus Director(s) and/or Logistics Coordinator to execute JBFC payroll and pay out monthly salaries, pension and taxes.
• You will work with CEO and COO to set campus and departmental goals.
• You should expect to provide administrative and/or leadership support to other positions as needed.
Communication and Reporting
• You are responsible for completing Monthly Financial Reports for the Tanzanian team and Quarterly Financial Reports for the U.S. Office.
• You should provide Monthly Administration Reports to the CEO and COO.
• You will write follow-up reports for any special partnerships or visits and send to US-based staff.
• You will need to provide content for JBFC’s website and social media outlets to help raise awareness about our mission.
Role Model and Other
• You should implement and maintain a regular activity, club or project with the JBFC girls to foster a strong relationship with our residential girls.
• You should act as a professional that our entire staff and student body can look up to.
• You should be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for an experience professional that can jump in and keep our financial tracking system organized and accurate. We need someone that has really strong attention to detail and the ability to take a significant amount of data and turn it into helpful information that can guide the organization to be more efficient. We are in search of someone who has at least two to three years of experience in accounting, finance, or a similar field, with overseas experience or work with an NGO preferred.
We will agree on a three-month probation period with learning and performance goals. There will be a training program on our Kitongo, Tanzania campus, during which time the person filling this position will be required to stay on campus.
Benefits include full room and board, restaurant stipend, in-country healthcare, and professional development opportunities.
We are a team of fun and dedicated individuals working together to improve the future of our students, staff and community as a whole. We strive to create a work environment that values personal and professional growth, all while having fun and changing lives.
Our team has a strong sense of ownership over the organization and everyone has a chance to contribute to the growth of the organization. If you enjoy building connections and seeing the long-term impact of your work, this job is for you.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English (Swahili language skills preferred).
Minimum Education Required
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.