Reports to: Director of Finance
1. Ensure critical systems, specifically Front Office Property Management System, Call Accounting, HSIA, PABX and Food & Beverage Point of Sales computer systems are available twenty-four (24) hours per day.
2. Establish and maintain user procedures and hardware familiarization for all systems.
3. Establish and maintain system security procedures consistent with control requirements and corporate policy.
4. Maintain accurate records of system files; software and hardware issues and service requirements.
5. Maintain effective support for end user support process, other systems, including back office, sales & catering and human resources applications or any other property application.
6. Knowledge of specific hospitality industry applications and interfaces (i.e. Opera, Delphi, Back Office, Spa, HR systems, etc) is desirable.
7. Responsible for network support & security of Hotel network, Active Directory maintenance, Server Infrastructure maintenance, Network Infrastructure maintenance – wired & wireless, Network protection & failover tools implementation (Firewall, web security, multi-homing devices, etc).
8. Administer Lotus Notes, connection to global VPN and other communication tools
9. Establish and maintain, test and monitor backup plan for all systems to ensure protection from loss of data and ensure backups are carried out in accordance with corporate and local policies.
10. Maintain and promote Four Seasons core technology standards as outlined in the Four Seasons IT Core Standards notes database.
11. As required, participate in and lead the co-ordination of new systems acquisitions, corporate initiated major projects and technology implementations.
12. Good knowledge and support for Desktop OS and applications.
13. Provide direct guest support and quality support to function rooms and conference services.
14. Assist the Director of Finance in administering all IT related maintenance and services contracts and take a leadership role in establishing scope of the maintenance and services contracts, contract negotiations and bidding process.
15. Ensure PCI (Payment card industry) compliance for all systems as per standards and user adhere to the policies.
16. Support for remote office (Sabasaba office-SBTSO) in Arusha with systems and users.
1. Be a business manager. Recommend new applications as requested by hotels to streamline business processes and improve workflow.
2. Negotiate and execute computer and data communications contracts to ensure compliance with their requirements.
3. Implement technology “best practices” from other Four Seasons properties that are workable.
4. Establish product lifecycle management for hardware/software and 10-year capital planning for technology.
5. Prepare IT operating budgets, IT capital budgets, and able to discuss and present a business case for all IT expenses.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: University or College degree – major in IT
Experience: Two (2) to five (5) years experience with a IT Department, preferably within a hotel
Skills and Abilities:
A working technical knowledge of hotel systems and operations.
Desirable Microsoft or Cisco Certifications, strong network-building and trouble-shooting skills, including Microsoft Operating Systems, MAC Operating Systems and applications
Strong business, resources and project planning experience
Four Seasons IT Core Standards and key internal controls
Good knowledge of the Four Seasons policies and procedures
Knowledge of basic accounting principles
No. of employees supervised: 1
Travel required: None
Hours required: Scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
The basic job purpose is to be responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of all computer systems, data and voice communications activities at property. Forecast technology requirements and upgrades to existing technology to improve effectiveness of installed systems. Execute hotel and corporate systems strategies.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.