The Assistant Delivery Channels Administrator will provide technical support for the subsidiary’s delivery channel initiatives and active channels. Will be in charge of day to day support of the Delivery Channel systems, Agency banking and Mobile banking systems, Digital field Automation and Digital financial systems plus other third parties channels systems. Work with Business team to develop strategies and action plans to align technology to business processes of the Company that are geared to supporting delivery channels. Analyze business requirements and translate into technology solutions. Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures related to delivery channels based on FINCA’s I.S policies.
Measure, monitor and optimize Delivery channel Services and good performance of the area as a service provider. Develop, implement and maintain Information Security Plan and Business Continuity Plan for all Delivery channel solutions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Manage the Agency banking Switch and related software and hardware.
Manage the delivery channel interface to Core Banking Application.
Manage the Mobile banking application, related software and hardware.
Manage Digital Field Automation and Digital Financial Systems
Maintain above 98% system uptime for all delivery channel systems
Ensure Functional and good health status of related databases supporting Delivery Channels
Maintains, tests and deploy patches related to Delivery channels systems from system vendors.
Provides support to end users on all delivery channel systems related issues.
Provide support to business team on daily reconciliation for channel transactions
Ensure daily backup of delivery channels systems databases and replication are working fine.
Work with the Regional Infrastructure team to ensure that the connectivity between channel systems, MNO’s and POS devices are working fine.
Working with core applications support team to ensure required channel products configuration and reports are delivered within agreed timeline.
Evaluates new technologies and implement them if appropriate for other departments and works with other technical staff to determine hardware and software needs;
Maintains security of hardware and software for all Channels systems;
Ensure all Delivery Channel issues/request follow ITIL standard.
Take charge and ensure adequate IS Security coverage is maintained at all areas under the delivery channel domain including but not limited to data, infrastructure, networks etc.
Work with Project Manager to ensure all Delivery channel projects are formally managed
Coordinate and support provision of related IS trainings to system users;
To perform _t_he job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
.Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Strong technical orientation related to the job
· Ability to work well in a team environment and under pressure
· High level of energy, creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm, commitment, self-confidence and initiative
· Accuracy, attention to detail and awareness of deadlines
· A hard working self-starter with initiative, able to set own priorities
· Sharing: Contributes to a team, and recognizes and promotes the wider corporate picture.
· Ability to anticipate problems and proactively takes measures to control or minimize them.
· The ability to present information and ideas clearly and concisely
· Proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
Education & Experience
· A degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
· At least certified with ITIL foundation course.
· Experience on MSSQL/Oracledatabases administration, scripting and support.
· Business requirement analysis and documentation skills.
· Over two years of experience in implementation and support of Delivery Channels systems and or any other system applications support experience.
· Great knowledge with Windows family operating systems;
· Great knowledge on Business and Functional requirement analysis and documentation, systems testing and Implementation.
· Knowledge with Core Banking systems or related systems.
· Knowledge with ISO messaging, web services programming/implementation will be added advantage.
· Fluent in both English and Swahili
Able to clearly link IT solution to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Communication skills across all levels of the business. Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
· Minimum downtime on Delivery Channel systems.
· Users are able to utilize the Delivery Channel systems to optimal levels.
· Timely and efficient implementation of Delivery Channel projects and changes.
· Responsible for quality assurance and obtaining service level agreements on the performance of the delivery channel systems and to ensure the set standards are adhered to.
· Relationships with internal and external customer to ensure delivery channel initiatives are achieved.
· Communicate with all systems vendors on agreed SLAs.
The Assistant Delivery Channels Administrator will provide technical support for the subsidiary’s delivery channel initiatives and active channels.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.