Orkeeswa School is a community-based day secondary school located in a Maasai community in Monduli, Arusha. The school currently serves over 300 students in both Ordinary-Level and Advanced-Level studies and nearly 100 Orkeeswa graduates in their pursuit of higher education.The school provides high-quality education following NECTA while providing extra-curricular opportunities to challenge our students to be creative and critical thinkers while remaining deeply connected to their community.
The School Counselor is expected to:The School Counselor is expected to:
As a Life Skills facilitator, the School Counselor will be expected to :
– Facilitate one or more Life Skills Home Groups on a weekly basis
– Attend a weekly Life Skills facilitator meeting to prepare for Home Group meetings
– Fill out a reflection/feedback form following each Home Group meeting
– Adhere to Orkeeswa School's Confidentiality Policy and liaise with the Counseling Team regarding any student issues with a safety concern that may arise during Home Group meetings
– Participate in regular Life Skills and Student Wellness Professional Development sessions
– Develop and enact a thorough understanding of the values, philosophy and content of the Life Skills curriculum
Bachelor degree in Psychology or guidance and Counselling.
2 years working experience as a counselor
Qualified Women are Highly encouraged to apply.
To learn more about Orkeeswa school
The School Counselor &Life; Skills Facilitator will join a small team of counselors and life skills facilitators that make up our Student Wellness team
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.