Position Summary: The position will be responsible for supporting program management and providing technical leadership and supervision of project activities. The Deputy Chief of Party will support the Chief of Party to provide technical and managerial oversight and direction to the design and delivery of all activities and ensure adherence to timelines, submission of deliverable and production of quality products and services.
· Will include working with the Chief of Party to provide overall leadership and management to project, ensuring strategic direction and compliance with organization policies and procedures and donor regulations;
· Managing, implementing, and monitoring systems, services, project staff and budgets to achieve financial, administrative and technical/programmatic goals;
· Ensuring that program implementation is managed closely through the development of structured work plans, indicator tracking sheets and approved monitoring plans; Providing timely and accurate financial and programmatic reports to organization management and donor as required;
· Managing development of and monitoring work plans and budgets;
· ensuring appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations;
· coordinating partner efforts in program implementation; ensuring appropriate program monitoring and reporting;
· Liaising as appropriate with: USAID/Tanzania, government counterparts, and local implementing agencies in coordinating their participation in project development and implementation.
· Master's degree in nutrition or a very closely related field with 7- 9 years of technical experience in implementing and managing one or more facets of multi-sectoral nutrition issues OR Bachelor's Degree in nutrition or a very closely related field with 9 - 11 years experience
· Proven experience in leading community based nutrition approaches around nutrition sensitive and specific interventions.
· Proven experience in collaboration and coordination to engage various nutrition stakeholders within multi-sectoral nutrition efforts.
· Demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a team.
· Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.
· Solid written English and oral communication skills;
· fluency in Swahili highly desirable.
· Relevant Experience in East Africa; experience in Tanzania is preferred.
A client seeks to hire a qualified candidate for the position of a Deputy Chief of Party
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.