Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization which provides assistance and promotes durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
Danish Refugee Council is a new humanitarian actor in Tanzania. As part of the Burundian Refugee Response in Tanzania, DRC will implement in the sectors of camp management, protection, Community Based Protection, Livelihoods, General Food Distribution and shelter/ small infrastructure.
In order to fulfill DRCs staffing needs for new operations in Tanzania, we are opening the following position for a Tanzanian national, based in Kibondo (Nduta Camp)
JOB SUMMARY & PURPOSE:
Reporting to the Wash Coordinator, this position will provide day to day supervision of construction activities and direct line supervision to the assigned WASH team at Kibondo. This includes responsibility for all WASH activities assigned under their control, including Sanitation and Hygiene when need arise.
The Site Engineer will represent DRC in regard to all WASH activities under their control to all stakeholders and will be required to attend all relevant meetings in this respect.
The managerial function will be executed to ensure the highest quality standard directly in line with Sphere Standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
· Develop and undertake needs assessments to inform programme design and strategic direction.
· Conduct frequent rapid needs assessment of the situation in the event of emergency in collaboration with other stakeholders to address immediate WASH related problems
· Develop training package a model for community skill transfer in environmental sanitation and health promotion
· Provide insight to Logistics Department in terms of technical follow-up of WASH procurements
· Develop programme monitoring tools and BOQ’s
· Quality control and site monitoring ensuring that services are according to SPHERE standards
· Programme monitoring as per expected outputs and outcomes
· Prepare and present donor and management reports to wash Coordinator.
· Contribute to grant proposals in areas of constructions
· Directly supervise WASH Construction activities
· Continuously update project documentation and files
· Other relevant duties as directed by the WASH Coordinator.
· Participate in WASH coordination meetings
· Coordinate with donors through the wash coordinate on designs
· Kibondo (Nduta).
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
· Bachelor degree in Public Health Engineering / Structural Engineering / Construction Management or subjects related to Water Sanitation and Hygiene
· Three (3) years practical experience in engineering, including survey, planning and execution of WASH, PHE, PHP & building construction projects.
· Experience from working in complex and rural contexts and hardship locations
· Documented skills in project planning and design, drafting, calculation and technical writing.
· Excellent computer skills in programs as: AutoCAD, Word and Excel.
· Excellent communication skills in English – both speaking and writing.
· Knowledge of Swahili or Kirundi would be a significant advantage
· Previous work experience with a national/international NGO
INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST REGISTER THEMSELVES AND APPLY THROUGH THE BRIGHTERMONDAY TANZANIA WEBSITE ONLY
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis before the deadline, Deadline for applications is 13rd May 2018.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply irrespective of origin, gender or age.
The Site Engineer will represent DRC in regard to all WASH activities under their control to all stakeholders
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.