POSITION: Senior Data Engineer
The Senior Data Engineer will be a senior member of our Data and Analytics team, and will help architect and lead implementation of systems that enable us to access and leverage its data effectively. Working closely with technologists, analysts and product managers, you will create bulletproof systems that enable us to deliver business intelligence, data science and new software features at an accelerating pace.
The Senior Data Engineer is expected to
● Designing our data pipeline and ETL.
● Realtime pipeline from scratch
● Design and implement ETL
● Drive improvements in efficiency, automation, and error detection
● Develop valuable Data Assets for OGE
● Integrate internal and external data to improve decision making and make them available in our internal and in our customer facing tools
● Support decision making process for customer facing tools (web application and mobile app) to optimize the use of existing and new data assets
● Maintain existing ETL infrastructure (Luigi, DWH in Redshift, Looker)
● Ensure data integrity within our data warehouse
● Monitoring / Alerting within the DWH
● Support team members to make data available in Looker
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will most likely have the following qualifications, experience, and skills:
● 1 year ETL (Non GUI based ETL)
● Python Expert (minimum 2 years)
● SQL Expert (minimum 2 years)
● Real time data processing production experience
● Micro-Services experience
● Luigi experience
● Expert level SQL relational data experience
● AWS basics
● Experience with DevOps, AWS, BI Systems (Looker), domain knowledge is an added advantage.
Managerial / Technical Competencies:
● Worked closely with BI and Stakeholders
● Deployment on OSS stack
● Worked with distributed teams
● BI and dashboard experience
● Python programming
● AWS / Redshift
● Business Intelligence. Every part of our business has a ravenous appetite for historical data, which we make available to non-technical staff through our data analysis tool, Looker.
● Data-enriched software features. Functionality such as real-time user dashboards and automated workflows need seamless pipelines between our data systems and software platform. We need to be able to count on this data being available and accurate at all times.
● Data science (ideal), which allows us to develop and apply predictive models to our business. You’ll work with collaborate with others to co-develop strategies to collect and analyze data, ensuring the business has the data it needs.
WORKING CONDITIONS OFFICE BOUND/ON-SITE/TRAVEL
● Office environment / local travel
The role will be based in Arusha
MODE OF APPLICATION / DEADLINE
The deadline for submission for this position is 25th September 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Senior Data Engineer will be a senior member of our Data and Analytics team, and will help architect and lead implementation of systems that enable us to access and leverage its data effectively.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.