Home appliances are a big investment in your home. You need to maintain them regularly so that you can use them for the longest time possible. This will save you lots of money that could be used for repairs and replacements. Furthermore, it will put your family safe from a dangerous living condition that can be created by broken appliances such as a loose live wire. It will also help to maintain the values of your appliances. Here are the proper way to maintain some of your home appliances:
1. Maintaining the Refrigerator
This is one of the most used home appliances. It runs 24hrs and it can cost you a lot if you don’t maintain it well. To get the most out of your fridge, here are some things you can do to keep it properly maintained:
- Dusting off the compressor coils after every six months
- Pay attention to the door’s rubber gaskets, which keep in the cold inside your refrigerators. Do this by keeping them well sealed and by regularly rubbing off food and little junks with soap and warm water
- Do not overfill your fridge. This could block its airflow hence affect the efficiency
2. Maintaining the Microwave
The microwave is also a very important appliance to maintain, especially for healthy purposes. One of the best ways to clean it is by using water and lemon slices. Put a few slices of lemon in a microwave safe bowl and let it heat up in the microwave. The water vapour will help to make the microwave easier to wipe.
3. Maintaining Your Washing Machine
Maintaining your washing machine helps you to avoid breakdowns, leaks and costly water damage. A little leak in an appliance that uses water and electricity can cause major damage if unnoticed. So to maintain it, consider the following:
- Keep it level so as to avoid the machine to vibrate, rock, or move across the floor which can damage the machine or floor
- Regularly clean the filters. Some washing machines come with filters that catch coins or any unwanted materials that are forgotten during the washing process.
- Do not put it very close to the wall to avoid it kicking the wall
4. Maintaining the Air Condition
To stop your air condition from working too hard cooling down the room, you need to replace or clean its filters. Ensure that there is sufficient airflow by removing the dirt and leaves in and around the tubes. You can also use a blow dryer once in a while to shoot dust out of the vents.
5. Maintaining Your Gas Stove
Gas stoves also need frequent maintenance to ensure their efficient operation and to avoid costly repairs or replacements. If you clean it properly, you will prevent grease fires, carbon monoxide emission and a guarantee to work well. To maintain it properly, ensure that:
- You wipe it after each use.
- Use grate cleaner for stubborn spills and soapy water
- Take the burners apart to soak and then clean them thoroughly with warm and soapy water.
- Dry all parts thoroughly before replacing them
- Replace the burners correctly to avoid gas loss.
The life of your home appliance often depends on how much use and the workload it receives. If you think it’s time to replace and get a new one, you can check the best deals from the different sellers online.