Traveling is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Not only those traveling make us better workers and happier people, we also become wiser as we gain new perspectives of the world.
You see, most of us are so caught up in our day to day routine and problems, and often forget how small our issues are in comparison to what goes on in many parts of the world. Traveling reminds us to be grateful, and makes us humble and empathetic.
Moreover, if you travel to a place that is very foreign from what you are used to, being exposed to different societies and ways of life not only builds your respect for other cultures and ethnicities, but can also boost your own creativity and critical thinking skills.
If you are still not convinced that you need to book your ticket and pack your bags, here are 10 quotes that will make you want to travel more:
1. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
2. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmache
3. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
4. “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination with reality, and instead of thinking of how things may be, see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
5. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
6. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou
7. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
8. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you traveled.” – Mohammed
9. “The world is a book and he who doesn’t travel only reads one page.” – St. Augustine
10. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float; to gain all while you give; to roam the roads of lands remote; to travel is to live.” ― Hans Christian Andersen
So there you have it! 10 amazing quotes on the beauty that is travelling. Everyone has a place they wish to go to, the world is simply too big for you to have none. And if you did not know where you wished to venture to before, maybe you have an idea now.
Travelling is a lesson that you simply can’t gain in the classroom or online. There is so much to see, so get going!