We all struggle with always feeling motivated. Some more than others but this is indeed a universal phenomena. So what distinguishes the ‘very successful’ from the ‘just getting by’.
Could it be something they put in their ugali? Were they born this way and some of us were not? Are they geniuses, and so this automatically makes them more likely to be successful? No, no and no!
Success is different for many people. Some find they have achieved success when they make a certain amout of money. While others feel fufilled by touching peoples lives through what they do. The meaning of success is dependent on the individual but, successful people often have the same traits. This includes:
- Being focused.
- Having a definite goal, purpose or vision.
- Becoming masters of their craft. Successful people are aware that there is no job too small
- Realistic optimism- realistic because they are constantly working to achieve their goals.
- Enthusiasim for work. These are the people happy to wake up at 5am in the morning because they are getting closer to their goal.
- Being aware of the mistakes they have made and constantly looking for a solution. They are two types of people, the ones that blame others and the situation but never themselves.
And the one who is aware that they are the cause of the mistake and immediately tries to think of the solution.
- Confidence. Confidence in general is just a wonderful thing to have. It gives you peace of mind and negative remarks never get to you. Confidence in your abilities can change your life. Even when you stumble on a set back you realize that is all it is. A setback, and you know you will get past it.
- Courage: Successful people are risk takers, to get to where they are they had to take some level of risk. They believe in accomplishing their goal and that they will accomplish their goal. So they are indeed willing to risk it all.
- Proactive: Successful people are doers, they are more likely to take immediate action rather than sit and talk about taking immediate action.
To help you with your struggle of staying motivated to achieve your goals, here are 10 motivational career success quotes to live by:
- “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” – Chris Grosser
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” -Steve Jobs
- “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein
- “If everything was perfect, you would never learn and you would never grow.” -Beyoncé Knowles
- “Dreams are lovely. But they are just dreams. Fleeting, ephemeral, pretty. But dreams do not come true just because you dream them. It’s hard work that makes things happen. It’s hard work that creates change.” -Shonda Rhimes
- “You might never fail on the scale I did, but some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.” -J.K Rowling
- “I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but should get you pretty near.” -Margaret Thatcher
- “To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.” – Bill Gates
- “It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.” – Warren Buffet
- “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” -Maya Angelou
It gets better
There is a certain theme to these motivational quotes by these acclaimed individuals. Expect failure, work hard, ultimately make a profession from what you love/care about, take risks and surround yourself with inspirational company.
All these individuals faced their own struggles but what makes them who they are today is that they did not allow adversity to overpower their resolve. Just as you should not.
Remember, whatever you are going through or will go through will come to pass. Another quote successful individuals have in grained is that “it gets better”.