P.O.BOX 181 MAZOMBE IRINGA
www.ffftanzania.com | Email: [email removed]
SEED PRODUCTION MANAGER May 11. 2020
Farm for the Future Tanzania Ltd (FFF) is a private limited company established under Tanzanian law.
The company is currently engaged in commercial maize, sunflower and maize seed production. The company’s future plan is to give priority to maize seed and macadamia nut production.
The company is looking for a suitably qualified “Seed Production Manager”. The position is based at the company’s headquarter in Ilula- Iringa, Tanzania where the 250 ha production fields are based.
FFF is built up as a unique model to end poverty, with Commercial farming and training on the same arena. We now want to build a strong management team that can bring the company to commercial success and to a model for the future. www.ffftanzania.com
A bonus system with a base salary will be established for this position.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1) Working experience that documents major achievements in seed maize production, and a total of 10 years in the seed sector
2) Experience from working with a private seed company is mandatory
3) A manager with necessary experience that can build up a responsible, qualified and result oriented production team, that can include different cultural backgrounds and nationalities
4) A manager that can communicate with various parties to enable and ensure success
5) A manager that is committed to the FFF Business Plan
6) A minimum is having a bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Science, Agronomy, Plant breeding, Horticulture or related field. Holding a master’s degree will be an added advantage
· Knowledge of maize breeding and seed technology is mandatory for this position
· Knowledge of domestic and international regulations related to seed systems and certification standards
· Skills in Agricultural research and data management
· Ability to use basic computer MS office programs
· Valid driving license
· Very good written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English
· Supervise all Good Agronomic Practices (GAP) such as land preparation, appropriate planting time male/female, right fertilizer application rate, timely weeding, disease and insect control strategies
· Supervise and coordinate seed production activities, take care of equipment, documents and working tools
· Planning, budgeting and lead day to day seed production operation
· Control the cost of field production in accordance with the specified budgets.
· Conduct seed business in safe and ethical manner, and comply with regulatory requirements
· Expand customers base through personal contacts, extension services and promotion strategies
· Identify and build relationship with prominent business partners for the organizational growth and publicity
· Keep up to date local market trends, customers’ needs, competitive product programs and pricing structure
· Establish and manage company’s breeding programs and maintain germplasm
· To keep the organization’s documents with high level of confidentiality
· Ensure with the relevant bodies, the organizations compliance with all relevant seed quality production and storage standards
· Training of field staff and casual labourers about proper seed production handling
· Monitoring and evaluation of seed varieties and recording data for the designing of appropriate seed production strategies
· Design appropriate production and sales forecast
· Prepare short, medium- and long-term progress reports and present to the relevant authorities for decision making
· Any other duties as may be assigned
An attractive package will be given depending on qualification and experience.
Farm for the Future is an equal employer regardless of gender, race or religious affiliation.
Interested candidates should submit their CV, motivational letter including references details, academic credentials and professional certificates to Mr. Osmund Ueland ([email removed] ) copy to Grace Kimonge ([email removed]).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
If you have any query, please direct e-mail Mr. Osmund Ueland
Deadline: June 8. 2020
The company is looking for a suitably qualified “Seed Production Manager”. The position is based at the company’s headquarter in Ilula- Iringa.
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.