Analyses and report on key financial data-within the organization ensuring that Finance Manager receives timely, accurate and relevant reports and information.
1. Management Accounting and Reporting
· Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenue and expenses.
· Prepare financial management report for the review of N+ 1
· Ensure all Financial reporting deadlines are met
· Compile and analyze financial information for financial statements preparation including monthly and annual accounts.
· Ensure smooth month, quarterly and year end closing
· Analyze financial information and recommend efficiency use of resources.
2. Data processing and Reporting
· Ensure timely processing of financial information for timely closure of General ledger, this includes timely closure of Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable and Treasury.
· Ensure financial data are processed in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards ( IFRS)
· Ensure proper journal authorization for proper cost allocation and continuity.
· Ensure accounting discrepancies and irregularities are timely resolved
· Ensure intercompany balances are agreed and signed off on monthly basis
· Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with Accepted Accounting principles ( IFRS)
· Liaise with the Finance Manager in coordinating external audits
· Ensure compliance with tax laws and other statutory requirements
· Coordinate and assist tax auditors on souring information for Tax Audit purposes.
· Ensure bank reconciliation are timely prepared and reconcile to the bank statement. Reconciling items in the bank recon should not be older than 24 hours - except for exceptional cases.
· Ensure payment advice/ proof of payment is sent out to the supplier immediately after the bank confirmation.
· Ensure proper payment processing before cheques are signed- as per Group Expenditure and payment Policy.
· Ensure better rates are negotiate for fund trading - (Spot Purchases)
6. Analysis and Reconciliation
· Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
· Ensure General provisions and accruals are fully analyzed before period closing and accordingly advise the trend.
7. Fixed Assets and Inventory control and monitoring
· Maintain Fixed Assets register and generate related schedules and reports
· On monthly basis ensure fixed assets register is reconciled to General Ledger
· Organize assets impairment test as per IFRS
· Assist in reviewing inventory management and reports
8. Internal Control and Processes
Ensure well documented accounting policies and procedures are in place and implemented.
Skills/Knowledge & Abilities
· 3+ Years of relevant experience
· Strong Accounting & finance background
· Ability to use own initiative
· Task-focused and pro-active approach
· Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
· High standard of numeracy and accuracy with attention to detail
· Confident, effective and simple communication with clients at all levels
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting ,Economics ,Finance or Business Administrations, an MBA is preferred
· CPA/ACCA/CIMA/CA/ Registered as a member is a Must
The African Talent Company seeks to hire a qualified candidate for the position of a Management Accountant
Learn about new items, custom picked just for you.
Notification for member sales, events and promotions.