Application Deadline: 31 Mar 2013
The Touch Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving access to essential quality healthcare in sub-Saharan Africa. We enhance the access to essential quality healthcare through training, deployment and retention of skilled health workers such as physicians, nurses, lab technicians as well as improving the healthcare delivery systems to enable the provision of care by the health workers.
For more information about Touch Foundation, please visit our website www.touchfoundation.org.
We are seeking a Finance and Procurement Associate to play a key role in the financial, accounting and procurement operations of the organization in Tanzania.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Working with the Program Manager for Finance, the Director of Finance and members of the program team, the Finance and Procurement Associate will support Touch finance and operations in Tanzania by handling day-to-day accounts payable, banking and procurement activity and by supporting the implementation of Touch’s improved financial and procurement systems. The Finance and Procurement Associate will also be responsible for aspects of Touch’s facilities management and some administrative tasks, and will report to the Program Manager, Finance.
Responsibilities and Tasks
· Assist with the on-going development and enhancement of internal finance processes and systems
· Support all banking processes (including mobile banking), including bank account reconciliations, petty cash management, bank visits, and bank account representative relationship management
Bookkeeping and Accounting
· Coordinate A/P processes, including monitoring the accounts payable, preparing checks for payment, collecting outstanding invoices, receipts and other backup, maintaining files and handling other A/P related functions as needed
· Resolve purchase order questions and payment discrepancies and ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos
· Receive and verify expense reports and advance requests, analyzing invoices and expense reports
· Ensure that adequate documentation exists for all accounting transactions, that all accounting transactions are processed following Touch’s accounting guidelines and that documentation is filed and stored in an appropriate manner
· Record basic bookkeeping entries, ensuring for accuracy
· Assist in the preparation of schedules and selections for review during audits
· Other bookkeeping and financial analysis tasks as required
· Assist with the upgrading of the procurement system
· Procure goods and services, ensuring that all purchases are procured in line with current procurement policies and procedures
· Compare prices quotes, specifications, and delivery dates
· Coordinate purchase, transfer and delivery of procured items and services and ensure that all activity is in line with purchase order
· Manage VAT exemption process
· Maintain the guest accommodations log book
· Oversee petty cash funds for the management of guest accommodations
· Maintain office supplies
· Provide oversight of house staff
· Other duties in support of team as required
Qualifications of successful candidate
Knowledge, Education and Experience
· Masters degree in accounting, finance, or business administration and/or professional accounting qualification preferred.
· At least 3 years of relevant professional experience required
· Demonstrated experience in financial management, accounting and bookkeeping
· Strong procurement experience, including costing and pricing of goods and/or services
· Experience in data collection and management for financial management
· Experience working in a not for profit and a USAID-funded organization preferred
· Good judgment and discretion to represent the Touch Foundation in a highly professional manner, as well as respect for local culture
· Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Good working knowledge of financial management information systems, including general controls and processes
· Ability to respond to shifting needs with flexibility while maintaining a positive approach and sense of humor
· Excellent analytical and reporting skills including a good working knowledge of MS Excel, and a range of financial software packages
· A problem-solving approach to challenging situations
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Solid relationship-building skills: ability to interface with external constituents
· Ability to proactively work independently and as an effective team member
· Comfort with managing multiple assignments in a dynamic context
· Capacity to contact and interact openly, honestly, and professionally with individuals in a culturally appropriate manner
Qualified applicants shall submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references, and a covering letter explaining why you are best suited for the position before the close of business on 31st March.
Applications should be sent via e-mail to the Email Link above, stating the position being applied for in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.