Tanzania Postal Bank (TBP)
Email Address: Click to Email
Phone #: +255 22 211 0621
Fax #: +255 22 211 4815
Other Phone #: +255 22 211 0622
Area: Dar Es Salaam
Website: Go to Website
About Tanzania Postal Bank (TBP):
As part of the Financial Sector Reform Programme, Tanzania Postal Bank (TPB) was established by the Tanzania Postal Bank Act No.11/1991 as amended by Act No.12 of 1992. This bank became operational as a separate entity from the then Tanzania Posts and Telecommunications Corporation (TP&TC) from 1st March 1992 with its own Board of Directors and Management. It was established as a successor to the Tanganyika Post Office Savings Bank (TPOSB), which was established by the Post Office Savings Bank Ordinance of 1925 and became operational in 1927.
The creation of this new bank took into account its strengths and particularly the advantage of canvassing the masses both in urban and rural areas.
The TPB Act that was passed by the Parliament addressed itself to some of the basic problems, which were besetting TPOSB performance. Among others, it provided for a legal framework that made it a corporate body.
Objectives and Functions
• To mobilize local savings and to promote the savings habits of the population
• To provide in accordance with the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act of 1991 adequate and proper banking services and facilities throughout the United Republic.
• To mobilize resources by accepting deposits, floating bonds, debenture and other monetary instruments
• Subject to the provisions of the Act, to administer such special funds as may from time to time be placed at the disposal of the bank.
• To undertake any other functions performed by commercial banks.
“To be the Bank of choice for individuals, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises”
“To provide our customers with modern, affordable, tailor-made banking and other financial services”
Tanzania Postal Bank
P O BOX 9300
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania